How To Significantly Improve Your Health in 15 Days
Besides giving you five simple steps to massive improvement your health, we teach you how to track the progress. Set your goals and begin the journey to a healthier life.
Good nutrition is an essential factor in keeping your body healthy and active. However, poor nutrition can have dangerous consequences to your health. Poor eating habits affect the way your body takes in essential nutrients. These nutrients include carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, essential fatty acids, minerals, and fiber. Someone with poor eating habits will likely be stressed and experienced reduced productivity at work.
What Are the Effects of Poor Nutrition?
Poor eating habits developed over time can result in health complications due to a suppressed immune system. That means you can easily develop some illnesses, including eating disorders. Other effects include obesity, high blood pressure, type-2 diabetes, high cholesterol, tooth decay, and osteoporosis.
The Best Solution to Poor Nutrition
It is important to note that poor eating habits can be a result of several factors. For instance, some medications and illnesses may affect your appetite. The best solution to all these problems is diagnosing what fuels the habit. Talking to a nutrition coach can help. You’ll get advice on how to reverse some of your bad eating habits and a meal plan for your diet.
In this article, you’ll learn about five simple steps that can help improve your healthy habits. These steps include the following:
Set a Measurable Goal
The best way of succeeding in anything new is by setting a plan and goal. If you have a baby, you can reach out to experts who offer online nutrition coaching for moms. You'll get special diet plants ideal for your health and that of the baby.
Having a plan motivates you to push harder, especially if you forge it ahead of time. It is advisable to set realistic and achievable goals. It will also help if your goal is measurable to track any progress. Positive progress indicates that you’re on the right track and will be a source of motivation.
It will help if you set both short-term and long-term goals. Long-term goals are achievements that you want to realize after a prolonged period, say 6-12 months. These goals can include:
- Lowering the body cholesterol
- Achieving healthy weight
- Lowering the body pressure
- Managing a chronic health condition
Short-term goals are daily or weekly achievements that steer you towards accomplishing the long-term goals. For instance, you might want to:
- Reduce your junk food intake
- Resort to low-fat milk instead of whole milk
- Check on your red meat intake.
Measurable goals will vary from one individual to another since everyone experiences different nutritional problems.
Breaking Your Goals Into Smaller Plans
After setting your goals, it will help if you break them into smaller actionable plans. Make that plan a simple daily task until you develop healthy habits. Here are some daily practical plans that can steer you towards achieving your nutrition goal. You can:
Add what you normally miss in your diet, like fruits, vegetables, or soya milk. Enrolling in nutrition coaching online will help you discover other healthy options. Don’t start your healthy nutrition journey by taking items out of your diet. Always try to add a new item first.
Go swimming at least once a week.
Try making food at home when you can. Nutrition coaching can teach you how to control the amount of cooking fat and toxic additives.
Jot down all your other daily plans and hang them on your bedroom wall to act as a reminder. The note can also be a source of motivation.
Tracking Your Progress
You will need to track your progress to see how far you’ve come from. Tracking the progress will make it easy to develop a daily routine. You can do the following:
- Jot down all your daily achievements in a notebook. Look at all the healthy changes for motivation; in any case, you doubt yourself.
- If you’re on a special diet, go for lab tests. That will enable you to notice changes in the body sugar level, blood pressure, and cholesterol level in the blood.
- Pay attention to your general body feeling. Watch out for any change in mood, psyche, and productivity.
- Note down any changes and improvements.
Eat More Healthy Food
After setting and learning how to measure the achievement of your goals, you might want to develop a healthy diet routine. For instance, it can help if you eat whole food than processed food. That means trying family meals as often as you can, either in the kitchen or at the dining table. If you stay alone and don’t know what to cook, you can buy a healthy recipe book and try your hands on several dishes that complement your goals.
For other healthy diet tips, you can
- Drink a lot of water instead of regular sugary drinks. This habit will help develop an optimum body pH for proper functioning.
- Pack healthy foods and snacks to work. You’ll hardly need to leave the office for a bite of junk food.
- Eat your meals when relaxed, without hurrying. That will give you a chance to ingest the right portions.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. These foods are a good source of vitamins to boost the immune system.
Even so, some people can still find it hard to track their food intake, especially when traveling a lot. In that case, talking to an expert offering Nutrition coaching will help. Moreover, a reputable nutrition coaching app will connect you to diet and nutritional advice. You’ll not worry about research as you’ll get access to healthy meal plans for up to a month. Other benefits of using a nutrition coaching app include:
- Ability to track progress
- Notifications and reminders
- Set your goals
- Tips to support your exercise routine
Move Your Body 3-4 Times a Week
Another way of improving your health is through regular exercises. If you’re a career person, you don’t have to do it every day. The exercises should not be intense unless you’re preparing for athletic competitions. Regular exercising is essential for controlling your body weight and reducing the chances of developing heart conditions. Exercising can also help you quit smoking and significantly reduce your stress levels.
Simple Exercises for Body Movement
Do you have any underlying health conditions? You don’t have to hit the gym. Take regular walks around your compound or a field track. You can also engage in weekend swimming activities during summer. Swimming is an ancient form of exercise that doesn’t have an age limit. It is ideal for both young and older adults. You can also:
- Cycle at least three times a week. You can do it in the neighborhood or use an indoor gym bicycle.
- Hit the treadmill to burn calories. You can also engage in group morning runs.
- Practice fitness dances like Zumba and salsa. You can get a private or group trainer.
- Attend martial arts classes at least three times a week. After learning the basics, you can always practice the drills at your home.
Add Meditation to Help Reduce Stress
Chronic stress can impair your ability to achieve the above set goals and plans. In worst cases, it can sink you into depression, a path that you don’t want to experience. When untreated, depression can culminate in heart conditions, diabetes, and even substance abuse. Hard drugs can cause mental deterioration. Besides affecting your health, depression can mess up different aspects of your life, including career and relationships.
Meditation is an ancient mind-body complementary medicine that induces calmness and tranquility. In early human civilization, meditation enhanced the understanding of the sacred and mysterious forces of nature. In the modern world, it is a remedy for stress and depression. Meditation can also help reduce some illness symptoms like chronic pain and anxiety. Other benefits of meditation include:
- Building stress-management skills
- Learning the art of patience and tolerance
- Canceling negative emotions
- Enhance creativity and imagination
- Enhance emotional awareness with 10-15 minutes of meditation a few days a week.
Celebrate Your Improvement Without Food
Lastly, it will help if you celebrate small improvements to remind yourself of your capabilities. If you’re on a weight loss journey, it doesn’t sound right to reward yourself with food. Moreover, you want to experience something different. If you take on food, you have to follow your strict diet routine, which won’t feel like a reward.
You can celebrate your improvements without food in the following ways:
- Buy a ticket to the movies.
- Enroll in makeup lessons
- Get yourself new training gear
- Enroll in cooking lessons
Take Charge of Your Health
It is never too late to turn around your lifestyle and nutrition for a healthy body. Good health is gold and will go a long way in helping you realize your life dreams and goals. Start planning your healthy nutrition journey by acknowledging your health concerns. Make a goal towards improving each problem. Most importantly, don’t forget that exercises and meditation can help you reduce stress levels for a functional mind. If you find it challenging to track your progress, leverage a reputable nutrition coach app. You’ll get professional insights into a healthy diet and living.