Why preparing healthy food will help you to lose weight and keep it off
According to the National Institute of Health, one in three Americans are considered obese over the age of 20. Additionally, several unhealthy conditions are associated with adult obesity including type 2 diabetes, heart disease and several types of cancer. However, by preparing healthy, weight-loss meals at home, you can effectively loose body fat permanently and reduce your risk of ill health.
Exactly what is a healthy food, weight-loss meal?
American are unfortunately, addicted to refined, sugary meals that pile on the fat and increase obesity. The main culprits are bread, sugary drinks, and refined sweet and/ or salty snacks. In addition, a couch potato lifestyle does wonders to increase the waistline. Therefore, Preparing healthy food meals and snacks that guarantees weight loss should be protein intensive and complimented by vegetables, fruits, and healthy carbohydrate foods. For example, meals should include healthy proteins such as:
- Boiled whole eggs and Cottage Cheese
- Salmon and Tuna
- Lean Beef and chicken breast
- Beans and Legumes and Chia seeds
- Nuts in moderation (avoid binging)
- Full-Fat Yogurt with live active cultures
Similarly, healthy recipes should also contain vegetable, fruits, and other healthy foods such as:
- Leafy greens i.e. kale, spinach, collards, swiss chards, bok choy and so on
- Cruciferous vegetables i.e. broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and Brussels sprouts and others
- Boiled potatoes and Avocados loaded with healthy fat
- Soups avoid or limit creamy or oily
- Apple cider vinegar take at the same time as a high-carb meal
- Whole grains i.e. oats, brown rice, quinoa
- Chili peppers and Coconut oil
- Fruits and Grapefruits
Easy Delicious Healthy Recipes to loose pounds weekly or biweekly
The following examples of healthy recipes based on healthy food can be prepared ahead of time on Sunday or any other day off. Specifically, you can prepare 1,200 calories meal prep plans which include breakfast, snacks, lunch, and dinner which incorporate the previous listed healthy food. Additionally, you can instead prepare 1,500 calories if 1,200 calories are too extreme at first. Preparing healthy food, you are guaranteed to loose one or two pounds of fat per week. In fact, your best resource for preparing your own healthy meal plan is the Internet. Several non-profit and healthy government websites provide free weight loss meal plans. For example, you can use either
Eating Well, Healthy Dinner Recipes to Lose Weight, or 1200 Calorie Meal Prep Plan and/ or other healthy meal plan websites.